2. We follow our whims and change our focus by the moment. We drop what we're holding when we see something that looks better.
3. We're deeply reluctant to share. Our first instinct is to hoard as much as possible for ourselves and our favorite word is “Mine!”
4. We live in the here and now. All that matters is what's immediately in front of us.
5. We test and disregard limits. Getting what we want is more important than any rule intended for our benefit.
6. We resist taking a day of rest. We're overstimulated and exhausted, yet even while rubbing our eyes we continually scream, “No nap! No nap!”
7. We are loved by our Father with an everlasting love beyond description. In spite of all we do to assert our will over His, God still adores us. When we are resting in His arms, completely trusting Him to take care of our needs, He pulls us even closer, and in that embrace He forgets all our faults.